What goes into an organization’s history DVD?
Just about anything you want.
The building blocks of an engaging organization history are good
stories such as:
• How your organization began – just as every child
asks, “Where did I come from? “ every member of your
organization wants to know “where did we come from?” Knowing
our roots helps us grow.
• Turning points – the crucial moments that defined
• Triumphs – what your organization is proud of.
• Setbacks – we all learn from our mistakes. So, why
do some organizations make the same mistakes over and over again?
Often, it’s because they have new people making the mistakes.
Documenting setbacks gives your organization a collective memory.
The story about how those setbacks were overcome can be very inspirational.
• Stories that show your organization’s character – “God
is in the details.” What makes your organization unique may
not be the widgets you produce or the services you provide. It’s
how you do those things day in and day out. It’s the relationships
you build. It’s the funny stories that bond you together.
• A values statement- not something dry, on paper, but from the heart.
• Profiles of key people – past and present. What they brought
to the table, how they shaped and inspired the organization.
• A glimpse at the future – reviewing the past can give you
perspective on where your organization should go. Our clients have
told us that going through the process with TimeScape is like “a
focus group” on their organization’s future. When you
get people talking about your direction, you might be surprised about
the creativity as well as the consensus that emerges.
• Not just moving pictures –TimeScape technology can
put documents for in depth reading on our DVDs. Those same documents
can be deployed on your intranet and
be made interactive with photos, video and other material.
• Context – The world changes fast. Your organization’s
history has been shaped by those changes. We infuse that context
into your story so it speaks to those who weren’t there when
it happened so they can connect with the inspiration that drives
next page >